Monday, August 1, 2011

Mother gifts: summer hat, sewing patterns


For Mom

UPDATE: You can now download this pattern here

Mother's Day is approaching and my mother already has her gift in hand. 
sunhat53
It's a sun hat!  Well, really it is a sun and rain hat (a quick spray with Scotch-guard makes it water resistant).

sunhat14

And it has just the right amount of floppy to easily fold up into a small travel pouch so that it can go anywhere! 
sunhat_fold

I made it so that she could use it while gardening and take it on vacation, and always have head protection. 

I've always been a hat person, but I hate how most hats cannot travel well, and that was what motivated this hat.  It was an easy pattern to make, a fun test of my geometry skills, a rewarding product. 

I liked it so much, that I made myself one too!
sunhat64  
Source: lorennabuck.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...